POPStation Terms and Conditions
SINGPOST OFFERS THIS SERVICE TO SINGPOST CUSTOMERS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT BELOW. BY USING THIS SERVICE, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
1.1The following definitions shall apply to the terms and conditions set out below:
- “article” means any object or thing submitted to SingPost for delivery to any POPStation;
- "Customer" means the SingPost customer who is using the Service (as defined below) and if the said customer is a corporation, it includes any entity or entities authorised by the corporation to enjoy the benefit of the Service as specified in the Agreement;
- “POPStation” means SingPost’s self-serve parcel station from which article(s) can be delivered to and collected from;
- “POPStation Account” means the account of each Customer, whether the Customer is a corporation or an individual, with which Customer can access Services for such e-retailers as may be specified by SingPost from time to time on http://www.mypopstation.com;
- "Service" means the service offered by SingPost for the Customer to self-collect his/her article at a designated POPStation;
- “SingPost” means Singapore Post Limited, a company with company registration number 199201623M, incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Singapore and having its registered office at 10 Eunos Road 8, Singapore Post Centre, Singapore 408600;
- “SPC” means the Singapore Post Centre located at 10 Eunos Road 8, Singapore Post Centre, Singapore 408600.
2.Accounts, passwords and security
2.1All Customers who choose to collect their articles at a designated POPStation will be registered as a POPStation user and be provided with a POPStation user account. Each Customer shall:
- be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of the information of his/her own POPStation Account, including but not limited to passwords to the POPStation Account;
- be responsible for all activities that occurs under his/her own POPStation Account, whether as a result of a failure to maintain confidentiality in accordance with Clause 2.1(i) or otherwise;
- inform SingPost immediately upon unauthorised use of the POPStation Account or password, or any other breach of security in relation to the Customer’s POPStation Account. The Customer will be responsible for losses incurred by SingPost or any third party (including any POPStation user) as a result of the Customer failing to keep his/her information secure and confidential; and
- not use another’s POPStation Account or password or allow anyone else to use his/her POPStation Account.
The Customer shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered, whether by SingPost or any third party, as a result of any breach of the obligations set out in Clause 2 above.
3.Breach of these Terms and Conditions
3.1The Customer agrees that SingPost may, at its sole discretion, and without prior notice and without liability to the Customer, terminate the Customer’s access to the Customer’s POPStation Account, the POPStation website at http://www.mypopstation.com, the SingPost website at http://www.singpost.com or any related site, if SingPost determines that the Customer has violated these Terms and Conditions, or any other terms and conditions of SingPost including the relevant terms and conditions for the Services or any SingPost website.
4.1In order for a Customer to use the Services the Customer must agree to be registered as a POPStation user, and SingPost will need to collect and receive personal information of the Customer. The Customer agrees that by accepting collection of their articles from the relevant POPStation, the Customer consents to provide his/her personal information to SingPost only for the provision of the Services
5.Notification to Collect Article from POPStation
5.1The Customer agrees and accepts that SingPost will be sending the service notifications to the Customer’s email address and/or mobile number (where relevant), and that the Customer will not be able to use the Service should the Customer refuse to receive the service notification or release information, or releases inaccurate information, to SingPost.
5.2The Customer also agrees that SingPost will not provide signed proof of delivery, and the article is deemed delivered when:
- SingPost sends a PIN to the Customer (which PIN is required to unlock the POPStation locker; and
- the identified POPStation locker is unlocked and opened using the PIN provided.
5.3SingPost shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the Customer’s inability to use the Service, receive the PIN, or any losses due to the sending of a PIN to an inaccurate email or mobile number due to the reasons set out in Clauses 5.1 above.
6.1The Customer shall indemnify and keep SingPost indemnified at all times from and against all demands, claims, actions, proceedings, charges, postages, costs or expenses, including but not limited to storage charges, duties and taxes, retrieval and administrative costs (including reasonable legal costs) incurred, suffered, or sustained by SingPost in connection with the provision of the Services or any breach of the Customer’s obligations under these terms and conditions.
6.2The Customer shall ensure that:
- all information provided by the Customer for the purpose of use of the Service is true and accurate; and
- the Customer shall comply with all instructions and user guidelines supplied by SingPost to the Customer, whether through its website at http://www.mypopstation.com or through any signage at the relevant POPStation, when using the Service.
7.SingPost’s Rights and Responsibilities
7.1SingPost shall take all reasonable precaution to prevent unauthorised persons from having access to the articles(s) or their contents and shall also take all reasonable precaution against loss of or damage to the same or their contents.
7.2SingPost shall make reasonable effort to deliver the Customer’s article to the relevant POPStation.
8.1The article will be made available for collection at the designated POPStation (as stated in an e-mail or mobile notification, being the delivery notice “Delivery Notice”, which will be sent by SingPost to the Customer) for a period of five (5) calendar days from the date of the Delivery Notice. If the Customer fails to collect the article within the period stipulated, or such other period as may be stipulated in the Delivery Notice, the article will be sent to SPC for storage for another five (5) working days. Should the Customer fail to collect the article at SPC within the said period, SingPost may, at its sole discretion, and without notice and without liability to the Customer or any other party, (i) dispose of the article in any manner SingPost deems fit; or (ii) deliver the article back to the sender. The Customer will be liable for costs incurred in forwarding, disposing of or returning the shipment and charges, including but not limited to storage charges, administrative fees, duties and taxes (if any) for making additional delivery attempts and/or for performing the agreed action to be taken and shall ensure prompt payment of all such fees.
8.2SingPost reserves the right to review, amend or remove the list of POPStations from time to time and make changes thereof without any or prior notice to Customers and/or any third party.
8.3SingPost will make the article available at POPStations only if the maximum dimension of the article does not exceed 42cm X 50cm X 61cm.
8.4The Customer acknowledges and agrees that SingPost shall have the right to shut down the POPStation facilities for any reason including regular maintenance. SingPost shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered, whether by Customer or any third party, as a result of such closure.
8.5The Customer acknowledges and agrees that, where applicable, the customs authorities of Singapore or any other country has the right to detain any article for whatsoever reason they deem appropriate, and that SingPost is not liable for any consequences of such delay.
9.Undeliverable and/or Rejected Shipments
9.1Subject to the provisions of these terms and conditions, SingPost shall be responsible for delivery of the article to the relevant POPStation.
9.2SingPost reserves the right to reject any article(s) submitted by the Customer without assigning any reason whatsoever. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Customer shall not submit, and SingPost reserves the right to refuse delivery to the POPStation for the following reasons (including but not limited to), if:
- the Customer refuses delivery for any reason including by failing to provide, or provide the correct contact details for SingPost to send a POPStation PIN;
- delivery is not paid for;
- the article is deemed to be unacceptable for any reason by SingPost, at SingPost’s sole discretion, including (without limitation) where (a) the article is prohibited by law, such as explosives, poisons, flammable items, radioactive material, compressed gas, corrosive, firearms; (b) the article is by its nature or packing may expose officers of SingPost to injury or cause damage to other articles handled by SingPost; (c) infectious and non-infectious perishable substances and radioactive materials
- the article has been undervalued for customs purposes;
- delivery of the article requires proof of identity;
- the article is incorrectly addressed; or
- the article is not suitably packaged or is damaged,
in which event SingPost may, at its sole discretion, and without notice and without liability to the Customer or any other party, (1) dispose of the article in any manner SingPost deems fit; or (2) deliver the article back to the sender, at the Customer’s cost, provided always that in the case of (iii) above, the Customer shall be liable for any loss or damage suffered by any third party.
9.3By using the Services hereunder, the Customer warrants that the article submitted is acceptable for transportation. The Customer agrees that the following are deemed unacceptable for shipment:-
- articles classified as hazardous material, dangerous goods, prohibited or restricted by the International Air Transport Association, the International Civil Aviation Organisation, postal regulations and any applicable government department or other relevant organisation;
- if no customs declaration is made when required by applicable customs regulations; or
- if SingPost determines that an article cannot be transported safely or legally (including but not limited to animals, bullion, currency, bearer form negotiable instruments, precious metals and stones, firearms (and parts thereof) and ammunition, human remains, pornography and illegal narcotics/drugs.
The list of prohibitions on importation for different destinations may change from time to time and the Customer may obtain the said list by calling 1800-222 5777 or logging onto www.speedpost.com.sg to download the relevant brochure.
9.4The Service is not guaranteed to be always available. In the event including, but not limited to the following:
- the article or articles do not fit into the POPStation locker in accordance with the dimensions set out in Clause 8.3;
- all the relevant POPStation lockers at the particular POPStation location are not available; or
- SingPost’s POPStation system is not available for any reason, including but not limited to reasons such as the system being out of service or shut down for maintenance,
SingPost reserves the right to deliver the article to a designated Post Office or a designated POPStation locker of Singpost's sole discretion and inform the Customer to collect the article at the relevant Post Office or the relevant POPStation within the next five (5) working days or five (5) calendar days respectively. If the Customer fails to collect the article within the period stipulated, the article will be sent to SPC for storage for another five (5) working days. Should the Customer fail to collect the article at SPC within the said period, SingPost may, at its sole discretion, and without notice and without liability to the Customer any other party, (i) dispose of the article in any manner SingPost deems fit; or (ii) deliver the article back to the sender. The proceeds (if any) may be applied against any charges including but not limited to service charges and related administrative costs. The balance of the proceeds of the sale (if any) shall be returned to Customer. The Customer will be liable for costs incurred in forwarding, disposing of or returning the shipment and charges, including but not limited to storage charges, duties and taxes (if any) for making additional delivery attempts and/or for performing the agreed action to be taken.
9.5SingPost shall not in any way be involved, liable or concerned with any claim for refund, return, rebate or exchange of any article. For all such disputes, the Customer will deal directly with the supplier or sender in respect of any refund, return, exchange, rebate and money-back policy and/or procedure.
9.6SingPost shall not be responsible or liable for the return of articles unless otherwise stated. The Customer will provide their own arrangements for the return at their own cost.
9.7SingPost shall not be responsible or liable for exchange of articles. The Customer will provide their own arrangements for the exchange and pay for the subsequent charges in order to have the article returned.
9.8SingPost may (but shall not be bound to) in its sole discretion, open and inspect for any reason the article, including but not limited to the verification of its contents at any time. SingPost shall charge the Customer the shipment charges according to the contents of the article discovered on such opening and inspection. The article is subject to customs clearance and inspection by customs and government authorities of the destination country.
10.Limitations and Exclusions of SingPost’s Liability
10.1SingPost shall not in any case be liable for:
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to the loss of profits, business or anticipated savings);
- any delay, loss or damage arising from or in connection with:
- its failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder if such failure is the result of circumstances outside its control including but not limited to the outbreak of war, any governmental act, explosion, accident, civil commotion, riot, industrial dispute, strike, lockout, stoppages or restraint of labour from whatever cause whether partial or general, weather conditions, traffic congestion, mechanical/system breakdown, obstruction of any public or private road or highway or any other force majeure, fire, flood or any other act of God;
- any defect in respect of the article, even if known to SingPost when SingPost accepted it.
- the Customer’s acts of omission, including but not limited to insufficient or improper packing, security or addressing;
- any action or omission by anyone other than SingPost including but not limited to:
- the sender of the article;
- the addressee;
- the Customer
- an interested third party;
- customs or other government officials; and
- the carrier or other third party contracted by SingPost to serve locations that SingPost does not serve directly. SingPost shall not be liable even if the Customer did not ask or know about a third party arrangement.
- electrical or magnetic damage to, or erasure of electronic or photographic images or recordings;
- any loss of secrecy in communication arising from the use of the Service;
- the hazardous, fragile or brittle nature of the mechanical derangement of the goods;
- any consequences of delay or confiscation by any competent authority as a result of the discovery of prohibited contents;
- delay or non-delivery of the article arising from the detention of the article by the customs or any government authority of the destination country.
11.1The Customer shall indemnify and keep SingPost indemnified at all times from and against all demands, claims, actions, proceedings, costs, charges and expenses including but not limited to customs charges and other regulatory penalties, storage charges, retrieval and administrative costs, duties and taxes (including reasonable costs) incurred, suffered or sustained by SingPost in connection with the provision of the Services, and pay SingPost damages, costs and interest in connection with such demand, claim, action, suit or proceeding.
12.1 SINGPOST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND ANY OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN STATED WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE AND THE CUSTOMER SHALL BE BOUND TO OBSERVE AND COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN AND ANY AMENDMENTS THEREOF.
12.2 WHILE NO ADDITIONAL FEES AND CHARGES ARE IMPOSED BY SINGPOST FOR THE USE OF THE POPSTATION SERVICES, IN THE FUTURE, THIS POSITION MAY BE REVISED. SINGPOST SHALL GIVE ADEQUATE NOTICE IF IT DECIDES TO INTRODUCE ANY FEES OR CHARGES FOR THE USE OF THE POPSTATION SERVICES.
12.3Do refer to the POPStation website at http://mypopstation.com from time to time for updates to these terms and conditions or any further notification.
13.Applicable Law And Jurisdiction
13.1By using the Services, users of the Service agree that the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to these Terms and Conditions.
13.2SingPost and the Customer or such user of the Service accept and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore in respect of any dispute or difference arising out of and/or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
*All charges stated herein are exclusive of Goods and Services Taxes (“GST”) and are subject to prevailing GST.